"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Beginnings

Orientation is coming up very soon and I have no idea what to expect. Sure, I've asked my friends what happened when they went, but words can never truly prepare you for the reality of a situation. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a person who loves control. I love to know exactly what to expect at every minute of the day in an outlined form. I allow myself freedom within the outline, but the basic outline should stay the same.
Whenever the plan changes, my stress level shoots through the roof (depending on the situation, of course). When working with people, I usually want to be the one in charge. However, that normally doesn't happen and I end up expecting everyone else to slack off, which results in my doing extra work just-in-case to compensate for any possible situations.
And so I finally get to the point. College is something new. A beginning. A look into the uncertain future. I'm sure you'll realize that this makes me very squeamish. In fact, I've been noticeably stressed for the better part of a week now. The closer to the event it gets, the worse my general attitude will be. Beware.
I'm trying to de-stress as they call it, but my jaw remains as tense as ever. I suppose it's a process. I can imagine when finals come around. My jaw feels the pressure already. *resigned smile*

No comments: