"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spontaneous Poetry



ephemeral escape

So I've been having to write quite a few poems recently and am now in the mood for it so I asked my friend to send me an image. Any image at all. I wanted to just kind of let my emotions out in a simple way. I've found that I love writing poetry that connects to an image. So here's the first attempt. Remember, they're not designed to be "good." They're just for fun and I try to do them quickly in free verse so that my emotions are more prevalent in the poetry itself.

Untitled 1

The light mixes
Orange and blue
Black with shadows
And the vibrance
Resonates with the sound
Of a glittering wind
Blowing across the glass-strewn desert
Picking up the shards as it moves rapidly
Through the valleys of slick stone
And finally reaching into the forests
Coating the trees with the colors of the world
Landscapes long forgotten by our people
Only the spirits of the ancients can recall
The days of glory
When all was bright
And generously colored with hope
Of a new beginning.

No comments: