"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grass Stories



Will Hybrid photostream.


So this morning I was walking around on campus and walked over the grass and through the concrete basin up the stairs of doom all the way to the SUB. Doesn't that sound like an epic journey? Well, maybe not. ;) Anyway, this morning I was especially struck by the beauty of the sunlight reflected on the grass. And that's the story. Sorry if it seems a little abrupt, but I really don't know what else to write about grass.

At my home, we no longer have any grass. This is somewhat of a tragedy because I like grass...usually. Not when there are creepy-crawlies, of course. I remember playing soccer with my friends and running through the sprinklers in my bathing suit when I was small. Just enjoying the feel of grass beneath my bare feet. Which brings me to another somewhat off-topic point. I love going around in bare feet. It doesn't matter where I am. If I'm comfortable enough, the shoes will come off. Back in high school they came off every class period. I would sit cross-legged at my desk with my shoes tucked neatly underneath...peaceful. I suppose I like to feel connected to something. Does anyone else have weird quirks like this?

1 comment:

Diana M. said...

Barefoot is the only way to be as far as I am concerned. It just feels good. Dancing barefoot is my favorite. You should try it. Love ya.